(1) He, J., Li, G., Chen, J., Lin, J., Zeng, C., Chen, J., Deng, J. and Xie, P., Prolonged exposure to low-dose microcystin induces nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in mice: a systems toxicology study. Archives of toxicology: (2016)1-16.
(2) Chen L, Chen J*, Zhang X, Xie P*. A review of reproductive toxicity of microcystins. Journal of hazardous materials. 301(2016): 381-99.
(3) Yu D, Xie P, Zeng C, Xie L, Chen J*. In situ enclosure experiments on the occurrence, development and decline of black bloom and the dynamics of its associated taste and odor compounds. Ecological Engineering 87(2016): 246-53.
(4) Wang W, Shen H, Shi P, Chen J, Ni L, Xie P*. Experimental evidence for the role of heterotrophic bacteria in the formation of Microcystis colonies. Journal of applied phycology 28 (2016): 1111-23.
(5) Hu Y, Chen J, Fan H, Xie P*, He J. A review of neurotoxicity of microcystins. Environmental Science and Pollution Research (2016): 1-9.
(6) Cai Y, Zhang C, Hao L, Chen J, Xie P, Chen Z*. Systematic identification of seven ribosomal protein genes in bighead carp and their expression in response to microcystin-LR. The Journal of toxicological sciences 41 (2016): 293-302.
(7) Chen J, Xie P, Lin J, He J, Zeng C, Chen J*. Effects of microcystin-LR on gut microflora in different gut regions of mice. Journal of Toxicological Sciences 40 (2015): 485-494.
(8) Li SC, Chen J*, Xie P, Guo XC, Fan HH, Yu DZ, Zeng C, Chen L. The role of glutathione detoxification pathway in MCLR-induced hepatotoxicity in SD rats. Environmental Toxicology 30 (2015): 1470-1480.
(9) Guo XC, Chen L, Chen J*, Xie P*, Li SC, He J, Li W, Fan HH, Yu DZ, Zeng C. Quantitatively evaluating detoxification of the hepatotoxic microcystin-LR through the glutathione (GSH) pathway in SD rats. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 22 (2015): 19273-19284.
(10) Lin J, Chen J, He J, Chen J, Yan QY, Zhou JZ, Xie P*. Effects of microcystin-LR on bacterial and fungal functional genes pro？le in rat gut. Toxicon 96 (2015): 50-56.
(11) Guo XC, Xie P*, Chen J*, Tuo X, Deng XW, Li SC, Yu DH, Zeng C. Simultaneous quantitative determination of microcystin-LR and its glutathione metabolites in rat liver by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. B. 963 (2014): 54-61.
(12) Li W, Xie P, Chen J*, He J, Guo XC, Yu DZ, Chen L. Quantitative liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for determination of microcystin-RR and its glutathione and cysteine conjugates in fish plasma and bile. J. Chromatogr. B. 963 (2014): 113-118.
(13) Li W, Chen J*, Xie P, He J, Guo XC, Tuo X, Zhang W, Wu LY. Rapid conversion and reversible conjugation of glutathione detoxification of microcystins in bighead carp (Aristichthys nobilis). Aquat. Toxicol. 147 (2014): 18-25.
(14) Chen L, Li SC, Guo XC, Xie P, Chen J*. The role of GSH in microcystin-induced apoptosis in rat liver: involvement of oxidative stress and NF-kB. Environmental Toxicology, (2014) DOI: 10.1002/tox.22068
(15) Chen L, Zhang X, Chen J, Zhang XZ, Fan HH, Li SC, Xie P*. NF-kappa B plays a key role in microcystin-RR-induced HeLa cell proliferation and apoptosis. Toxicon 87 (2014): 120-130.
(16) Fan HH, Cai Y, Xie P*, Xiao WH*, Chen J, Ji W, Zhao SJ. Microcystin-LR stabilizes c-myc protein by inhibiting protein phosphatase 2A in HEK293 cells. Toxicology 319 (2014): 69-74.
(17) Pang XH, Shen H*, Niu Y, Sun XX, Chen J, Xie P*. Dissolved organic carbon and relationship with bacterioplankton community composition in 3 lake regions of Lake Taihu, China. Can. J. Microbiol. 60 (2014): 669-680.
(18) Tuo X, Chen J, Zhao SJ, Xie P*. Chemical proteomic analysis of the potential toxicological mechanisms of microcystin-RR in zebra？sh (Danio rerio) Liver. Environmental Toxicology, (2014) DOI: 10.1002/tox.22128
(19) Ma ZM, Niu Y, Xie P, Chen J*, Tao M, Deng XW. Off-flavor compounds from decaying cyanobacterial blooms of Lake Taihu. J. Environ. Sci.-China. 25 (2013): 495-501
(20) Zhang J, Xie P*, Tao M, Guo LG*, Chen J, Li L, Zhang XZ, Zhang L. The impact of fish predation and cyanobacteria on zooplankton size structure in 96 subtropical lakes. PLoS ONE 8 (2013): e76378.
(21) Zhang D, Deng XW, Xie P*, Chen J, Guo LG. Risk assessment of microcystins in silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) from eight eutrophic lakes in China. Food Chem. 140 (2013): 17-21.
(22) Zhang W, Liang GD, Wu LY, Tuo X, Wang WJ, Chen J, Xie P*. Why mammals more susceptible to the hepatotoxic microcystins than fish: evidences from plasma and albumin protein binding through equilibrium dialysis. Ecotoxicology 22 (2013): 1012-1019.
(23) Wu LY, Wang Q, Tao M, Chen J, Ma ZM, Xie P*. Preliminary study of the distribution and accumulation of GSH/Cys metabolites of hepatotoxic microcystins-RR in common carp from a lake with protracted cyanobacterial bloom (Lake Taihu, China). B. Environ. Contam. Tox. 90 (2013): 382-386.
(24) Ma ZM, Xie P*, Chen J, Niu Y, Tao M, Qi M, Zhang W, Deng XW. Microcystis blooms influencing volatile organic compounds concentrations in Lake Taihu. Fresen. Environ. Bull. 22 (2013): 95-102.
(25) He J, Chen J*, Wu LY, Li GY, Xie P*. Metabolic response to oral mcrocystin-LR exposure in the rat by NMR-Based metabonomic study. J. Proteom. Res. 11 (2012): 5934-5946.
(26) He J, Chen J*, Xie P, Zhang D W, Li G Y, Wu L Y, Zhang W, Guo X C, Li S C. Quantitatively evaluating detoxification of the hepatotoxic microcystins through the glutathione and cysteine pathway in the cyanobacteria-eating bighead carp. Aquat. Toxicol. 116-117 (2012): 61-68.
(27) Deng XW, Xie P*, Qi M, Liang GD, Chen J*, Ma ZM, Jiang Y. Microwave-assisted purge-and-trap extraction device coupled with gas chromatography and mass spectrometry for the determination of five predominant odors in sediment, fish tissues, and algal cells. J. Chromatogr. A 1219 (2012): 75-82.
(28) Zhang DW, Yang Q, Xie P, Deng XW, Chen J*, Dai M. Detoxification pathway of MC-LR in liver of bighead carp (Aristichthys nobilis): A field and laboratory study. Ecotoxicology 21 (2012): 244-252.
(29) Cai Y, Li HY, Hao L, Li GY, Xie P, Chen J*. Identificationof cda gene in bighead carp and its expression in response to microcystin-LR. Ecotoxicol. Environ. Safety 79 (2012): 206-213.
(30) Tao M, Xie P*, Chen J, Qin BQ, Zhang DW, Niu Y, Zhang M, Wang Q, Wu LY. Use of a generalized additive model to investigate key abiotic factors affecting microcystin cellular quotas in heavy bloom areas of Lake Taihu. PLoS ONE 7 (2012): e32020.
(31) Qi M, Chen J, Sun XX, Deng XW, Niu Y, Xie P*. Development of models for predicting the predominant taste and odor compounds in Taihu Lake, China. PLoS ONE 7 (2012): e51976.
(32) Li HY, Cai Y, Xie P*, Chen J, Hao L, Li G, Xiong Q. Identification and expression profile of Id1 in bighead carp in response to microcystin-LR. Environ. Toxicol. Phar. 34 (2012): 324-333.
(33) Yan W, Zhou YX, Yang J, Hu DJ, Ding H, Wang JH, Chen J*, Li GY*. Waterborne exposure to microcystin-LR alters thyroid hormone levels and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere (2012) 87: 1301-1307.
(34) Liang GD, Xie P*, Chen J*, Yu T. Comparative studies on the pH dependence of DOW of microcystin-RR and -LR using LC-MS. TheScientificWorldJournal 11 (2011): 20-26
(35) Niu Y, Shen H, Chen J, Xie P*, Yang X, Tao M, Ma ZM, Qi M. Phytoplankton community succession shaping bacterioplankton community composition in Lake Taihu, China. Water Res. 45 (2011): 4169-4182.
(36) Li GY, Chen J, Xie P*, Jiang Y, Wu LY, Zhang XZ. Protein expression profiling in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to the microcystin-LR. Proteomics 11 (2011): 2003-2018.
(37) Deng XW, Liang GD, Chen J, Qi M, Xie P*. Simultaneous determination of eight common odors in natural water body using automatic purge and trap coupled to gas chromatography with mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A 1218 (2011): 3791-3798.
(38) Wu LY, Xie P*, Chen J*, Zhang DW, Liang GD. Development and validation of a liquid chromatography-tadem mass spectrometry assay for the simultaneous quantitation of microcystin-RR and its metabolites in fish liver. J. Chromatogr. A 1217 (2010): 1455-1462.
(39) Chen J, Xie P*, Ma ZM, Niu Y, Tao M, Deng XW, Wang Q. A systematic study on spatial and seasonal patterns of eight taste and odor compounds with relation to various biotic and abiotic parameters in Gonghu Bay of Lake Taihu, China. Sci. Total Environ. 409 (2010): 314-325.
(40) Zhang DW, Xie P*, Chen J*. Effects of temperature on the stability of microcystins in muscle of fish and its consequences for food safety. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 84 (2010): 202-207.
(41) Wang Q, Niu Y, Xie P*, Chen J, Ma ZM, Tao M, Qi M, Wu LY, Guo LG. Factors affecting temporal and spatial variations of microcystins in Gonghu Bay of Lake Taihu, with potential risk of microcystin contamination to human health. The Scientific World Journal 10 (2010): 1795–1809.
(42) Li GY, Xie P*, Li HY, Chen J, Hao L, Xiong Q. Quantitative profiling of mRNA expression of glutathione S-transferase superfamily genes in various tissues of bighead carp (Aristichthys nobilis). J. Biochem. Mol. Toxic. 24 (2010): 250-259.
(43) Chen J, Xie P*, Li L, Xu J. First identification of the hepatotoxic microcystins in the serum of a chronically exposed human population together with indication of hepatocellular damage. Toxicol. Sci. 108 (2009): 81-89.
(44) Chen J, Zhang DW, Xie P*, Ma ZM. Simultaneous determination of microcystin contaminations in various vertebrates (fish, turtle, duck and water bird) from a large eutrophic Chinese lake, Lake Taihu, with toxic Microcystis blooms. Sci. Total Environ. 407 (2009): 3317-3322.
(45) Zhang D, Xie P*, Liu Y, Chen J, Wen Z. Spatial and temporal variations of microcystins in hepatopancreas of a freshwater snail from Lake Taihu. Ecotoxicol. Environ. Safety 72 (2009): 466-472.
(46) Zhang DW, Xie P*, Chen J, Dai M, Qiu T, Liu YQ, Liang GD. Determination of microcystin-LR and its metabolites in snail (Bellamya aeruginosa), shrimp (Macrobrachium nipponensis) and silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) from Lake Taihu, China. Chemosphere 7 (2009): 974-981.
(47) Li H, Xie P*, Zhang DW, Chen J. The first study on the effects of microcystin-RR on gene expression profiles of antioxidant enzymes and heat shock protein-70 in Synechocystis sp. PCC6803. Toxicon 53 (2009): 595-601.
(48) Chen J, Xie P*. Accumulation of hepatotoxic microcystins in freshwater mussels, aquatic insect larvae and oligochates in a large, shallow eutrophic lake (Lake Chaohu) of subtropical China. Fresen. Environ. Bull. 17 (2008): 849-854.
(49) Dai M, Xie P*, Liang GD, Chen J, Lei HH. Simultaneous determination of microcystin-LR and its glutathione conjugate in fish tissues by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. B. 862 (2008): 43-50.
(50) Lei HH, Xie P*, Chen J, Liang GD, Dai M, Zhang XZ. Distribution of toxins in various tissues of crucian carp intraperitoneally injected with hepatotoxic microcystins. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 27 (2008): 1167-1174.
(51) Lei HH, Xie P*, Chen, J, Liang GD, Yu T, Jiang Y. Tissue distribution and depuration of the extracted hepatotoxic cyanotoxin microcystins in crucian carp (Carassius carassius) intraperitoneally injected at a sublethal dose. TheScientificWorldJournal 8 (2008): 713-719.
(52) Wang Q, Xie P*, Chen J, Liang GD. Distribution of microcystins in various organs (Heart, Liver, Intestine, Gonad, Brain, Kidney and Lung) of Wistar rat via intravenous injection. Toxicon 52 (2008): 721-727.
(53) Chen J, Xie P*. Microcystin accumulation in freshwater bivalves from Lake Taihu, China and the potential risk to human consumption. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 26 (2007): 1066-1073.
(54) Chen J, Xie P*, Zhang D, Lei H. In situ studies on the distribution patterns and dynamics of microcystins in a biomanipulation fish - bighead carp (Aristichthys nobilis). Environ. Pollut. 147 (2007): 150-157.
(55) Zhang DW, Xie P*, Liu YQ, Chen J, Liang GD. Bioaccumulation of the hepatotoxic microcystins in various organs of a freshwater snail from a subtropical Chinese lake, Taihu Lake with dense toxic Microcystis blooms. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 26 (2007): 171-176.
(56) Li L, Xie P*, Chen J. Biochemical and ultrastructural changes of the liver and kidney of the phytoplanktivorous silver carp feeding naturally on toxic Microcystis blooms in Taihu Lake, China. Toxicon 49 (2007): 1042-1053.
(57) Chen J, Xie P*, Zhang D, Ke ZX, Yang H. In situ studies on the bioaccumulation of microcystins in the phytoplanktivorous silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) stocked in Lake Taihu with dense toxic Microcystis blooms. Aquaculture 261 (2006): 1026-1038.
(58) Zhang X, Xie P*, Hao L, Guo NC, Gong YG, Hu XL, Chen J, Liang GD. Effects of the phytoplanktivorous silver carp on plankton and the hepatotoxic microcystins in an enclosure experiment in a eutrophic lake, Lake Shichahai in Beijing. Aquaculture 257 (2006): 173-186.
(59) Chen J, Xie P*, Guo LG, Zheng L, Ni LY. Tissue distributions and seasonal dynamics of the hepatotoxic microcystins -LR and -RR in a freshwater snail (Bellamya aeruginosa) from a large shallow, eutrophic lake of the subtropical China. Environ. Pollut. 134 (2005): 423-430.
(60) Chen J, Xie P*. Tissue distributions and seasonal dynamics of the hepatotoxic microcystins -LR and -RR in two freshwater shrimps, Palaemon modestus and Macrobrachium nipponensis, from a large shallow, eutrophic lake of the subtropical China. Toxicon 45 (2005): 615-625.
(61) Chen J, Xie P*. Seasonal dynamics of the hepatotoxic microcystins in various organs of four freshwater bivalves from the large eutrophic Lake Taihu of the subtropical China and the risk to human consumption. Environ Toxicol. 20 (2005): 572-584.
(62) Li L, Xie P*, Chen J. In vivo studies on toxin accumulation in liver and ultralstructural changes of the hepatocytes of the phytoplanktivorous bighead carp i.p.-injected with extracted microcystins. Toxicon 46 (2005): 533-545.